rebuilding community together…

looking toward a new future…

committed to resilient neighboring…

Join our Team!

We are hiring an Executive Director to the Pine Creek Community Restoration long term recovery organization. Open until filled.

Please submit a letter of interest and resumé to or mail to Pine Creek Community Restoration LTRO @ P.O. Box 47, Rosalia, WA 99170. Applications submitted through Facebook will not be considered. Full job description here.

Long-Term Recovery Effort

A multitude of generous individuals and organizations have come together to assist and help unite the residents of Malden and Pine City in the aftermath of the Babb Road Fire on September 7, 2020. In the wake of the destructive path that the wildfire left behind, the community is coming together to rebuild.

Contact us if you have questions about the recovery effort. Email us if you would like to meet with a Disaster Case Manager (DCM). That will put you in touch with Dave Reynolds, our Lead DCM. He can also be reached by phone at 509-216-2611.

Read more about the DCM process and the people serving you by clicking here.

The DCMs and others represent community members at the weekly Unmet Needs Roundtable, to provide gap funding and other assistance.

LTRO Board Members, who are also residents, are  taking turns staffing the phone if you would like to talk to a neighbor. Call 509-508-9806.

IMAGE:  Hank Cramer has retired from the Emergency Management Division, Washington State Military Dept., but continues to volunteer his time for the LTRO.

Get Help

FIRE AFFECTED HOUSEHOLDS:  Recovery resources and answers to many of your questions are available by clicking here.

Please contact Dave Reynolds to make an appointment with a Disaster Case Manager (DCM).

To speak to a long-term recovery board member, please call 509-508-9806.

If you are feeling overwhelmed and just need someone to talk with, please call Washington Listens at 1(833) 681-0211.

How to Volunteer

Individuals or organizations who are interested in volunteering to help with our community rebuilding effort, please contact Doug Arlt, our Volunteer Coordinator, for opportunities.

Or call 509-508-9806 and we will put you in touch with Doug.

We are grateful for all the support.


Innovia Foundation and United Way of Whitman County have created emergency fire relief funds to assist those affected by the Babb Road Fire.

Please direct your charitable dollars to those organizations.

The public is invited to monthly public meetings at the Malden Community Church.. These Community Engagement Meetings are held the 3rd Wednesday of each month at 7pm at the Malden Community Church Basement @ 104 SW Ash Street in Malden, Washington. Meetings are also streamed via Facebook Live. Further instructions and links to meetings are on our Facebook Page in Events.

Please join us — we need resident input in our shared recovery.

We are adhering to Washington State health COVID protocols that require everyone five years of age and older wear a mask in public indoor settings. Thank you for your cooperation.


Stories & Updates

Red Cross Awards Grants for Wildfire Recovery

Red Cross Awards Grants for Wildfire Recovery

More than $1.2 Million in grants allocated throughout Northwest Region   SPOKANE WA, November 24, 2021 — More than one year after the 2020 Labor Day wildfires sparked throughout Washington State, scorching thousands of acres and destroying homes in Whitman and...


The following organizations are accepting monetary contributions on our behalf. If you have other items to donate, please email us.

Innovia Foundation has established the Wildfire Emergency Response Fund – Eastern Washington to provide emergency relief to nonprofit organizations and businesses supporting communities, individuals and families adversely impacted by the 2020 wildfire season.

United Way of Whitman County has created the Whitman County Fire Community Relief Fund to assist those affected by the firestorm that leveled Malden and Pine City and destroyed homes in the Colfax area during the September 7 Babb Road Fire.

Get in Touch. Get Involved.

Send us a message if you need recovery assistance or have ideas about helping our community rebuild.

Tell us how we are doing.  We want to hear from you.

Pine Creek Community Operations

P.O. Box 47, Rosalia, WA 99170

Office Hours: M-F,  9 a.m-5 p.m. Tel: 1-509-508-9806

214 W. Moreland Avenue, Malden, WA